Author: Bullbuster Team
Jump On A Twilight Fishing Trip After Work At Dana Wharf
Dana Wharf in the town of Dana Point in South Orange County, has some great specials to entice locals to go fishing during the spring. For less than $25.00 locals can hop on a charter boat and go fishing on what is called the “Twighlight Trip”. This is a great trip to hop on in the afternoon after work. It's also a good trip to get on, because it is usually not as crowded as trips completely booked trips full of tourists in the summer.
Most twilight trips focus on fishing the kelp beds just south of Dana Point. Below is list of species you can expect to see on one of these twilight trips:
1) Sculpin - Don’t touch this fish’s spikes, or you will be swelling! Sculpin does have great meat though, and is even the inspiration for an IPA for local brewing company.
2) Sandbass - These are the biggest of the Southern California bass and often win the fishpool on half day trips.
3) Calico Bass - Calico bass are predators of the kelp. Don’t let their small size fool you, these bass will gulp down a 5 inch live sardine.
4) Halibut - SOCAL halibut can get quite large, maybe not Alaska large, but they can definitely get the size of your doormat. Giving larger halibut this nickname.
5) Yellowtail - Yellow tail are a prized catch on half day trips, these fish are not only hard fighters, but they make for excellent table fare.
We Help Millions Of Anglers Spend More Time Fishing
We hope that you enjoyed this article on the Bullbuster.net Magazine. It is our mission to help millions of anglers spend more time fishing and that starts with YOU!