Author: Mike Milewski
We just got back from a trip to the Bahamas and wanted to share the below information with anyone crossing over in the near future.
Keep in mind regulations are changing daily on entry policyâ€™s. Starting this week private vessels are not allowed into Grand Bahama Island due to the latest spike in COVID 19 Cases. However as of 7-20-2020 private vessels can enjoy all the other Bahamian islands.
Even though there were a few extra steps it was well worth it, to catch up with our friends and families on the island. Of course the deep dropping was OUTSTANDING!!!
Hope this information helps!!
Website For The Latest Process Updates:
COVID 19 Documents:
- Negative COVID 19 TEST (Print 3 copies per person). You must enter the country within 10days of Taking the test. Not from when you receive the test.
- Travel Heath Visa- https://travel.gov.bs/international (One per person, must attach your Negative COVID 19 Test results prior to submission. You will receive an email back with your certificate for entry.
- Travel Health Visa Certificate- Print 3 Copies per person.
- Boat Registration
- Boat Insurance- Confirm with your insurance company you have coverage in the Bahamas
- Maritime Declaration of Health
- Bahamas Customs Clearance Form â€“ boaters print and fill out prior to arrival
- Bahamas Immigration Card
- Immigration Arrival Card (One Per Person)
- Quarantine Flag
- Bahamas Flag
- File a Float Plan
- All coast guard required safety equipment (non-expired)
- Ditch Bag
- Satellite Communication/tracking devise- Garmin InReach, spot, or Atlas Trax
- VHF radio
- Battery powered GPS unit
- Hand held compass
- Glow sticks
- Full systems check prior to leaving the dock
- Spare Hub Kit
- Extra Prop
- Pro wrench
- Fuel filter
- Fuel Filter Wrench
- 2 Anchors
- Plenty of extra rope & Fenders
- Spare electric switches
- Heat shrink butt connectors all sizes
- Tools (at least wiring tools, extra wire, trim/tilt screw driver, tie wraps, wrenches, volt meter, angle cutters that can cut through hooks)
- Spot Light
- CBP ROAM- Needed to re-enter the US
- Whats APP
- Garmin Active Captain
- Wind Finder
- Storm Radar
We Help Millions Of Anglers Spend More Time Fishing
We hope that you enjoyed this article on the Bullbuster.net Magazine. It is our mission to help millions of anglers spend more time fishing and that starts with YOU!