Author: Bullbuster Team
What Will I Can On A Half Day Trip In Southern California?
Southern California is home to the world's largest live bait fishing fleets. That means that even on a half day fishing trip you will be using live bait. Below is a list of species you can expect to catch on a 1/2 day fishing trip in Southern California. By a 1/2 day fishing trip in Southern California, we mean a fishing trip from Los Angeles all the way down to San Diego.
1) Sculpin - Don’t touch this fish’s spikes, or you will be swelling! Sculpin does have great meat though, and is even the inspiration for an IPA for local brewing company.
2) Sandbass - These are the biggest of the Southern California bass and often win the fishpool on half day trips.
3) Calico Bass - Calico bass are predators of the kelp. Don’t let their small size fool you, these bass will gulp down a 5 inch live sardine.
4) Halibut - SOCAL halibut can get quite large, maybe not Alaska large, but they can definitely get the size of your doormat. Giving larger halibut this nickname.
5) Yellowtail - Yellow tail are a prized catch on half day trips, these fish are not only hard fighters, but they make for excellent table fare.
We Help Millions Of Anglers Spend More Time Fishing
We hope that you enjoyed this article on the Bullbuster.net Magazine. It is our mission to help millions of anglers spend more time fishing and that starts with YOU!